PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : what's going on uswabc?

leannmes
20.04.2011, 00:18
hi...

what's going on uswabc?

still not receving signal?

i'm really angry now.

why so many error?

i don't understand.

thanks.

Letterman
20.04.2011, 15:49
CBS is gone too. No recordings since two days. And ABC for nearly two weeks now.

Letterman
20.04.2011, 16:00
Oh yes, we read that. Two weeks ago. And that's not an answer... That's just a no-information.

MCMUPPET
20.04.2011, 16:22
Oh yes, we read that. Two weeks ago. And that's not an answer... That's just a no-information.The information states that there are problems with reception and it has not changed.

0daredevil0
21.04.2011, 15:56
Well, the thing is, the reception problems happen outside OTR infrastructure.

I think that otr is using dvb-s and than the problem is inside the OTR infrastructure. Because of that it should be possible to fix the problem. The signal quality was enough for a long time ... I can't imagine that the weather conditions in the reception area change so much.
But we can't eliminate this possibility, we already lost the station pix because of this problem. :(

flagpirate
22.04.2011, 12:45
I think that otr is using dvb-s

No, the US stations are received via DVB-T (or, to be more precise, ATSC, which is the US equivalent of DVB-T) as Satellite reception isn't free of charge in the US.

The signal quality was enough for a long time ... I can't imagine that the weather conditions in the reception area change so much.
But we can't eliminate this possibility, we already lost the station pix because of this problem. :(

Well, WABC is the station with the lowest transmitting power now (with WPIX gone), even lower than a regular german DVB-T broadcast. But you're right, reception was okay for long - as is was the case with WPIX ;)

greetings,
flagpirate

Letterman
22.04.2011, 15:06
So what do the admins think about a better antenna or an amplifier???

Sandraryela
22.04.2011, 16:56
I really hope ABC is working again soon. Some of my favorite shows are on ABC. I check it everyday. Good Luck for fixing the problem.

Letterman
28.04.2011, 13:58
More than three weeks now? Really? It did work for a long time. And now it don't? For three weeks? Suddenly? Please don't tell us, this is a receiving problem only, cause whole NY would complain if this is the case. And you're are really telling us, you're doing anything about it? If ones is asking, what in detail the problem is and what you're doing about it: no answer! No communication, no information.

Yes, you have to invest some money to make things more reliable. Anything else is amateurish behaviour. So my suggestion: cancel the whole US-TV crap, so no one is enticed by a service you're obviously not able or willing to accomplish.

0daredevil0
28.04.2011, 18:22
No, the US stations are received via DVB-T (or, to be more precise, ATSC, which is the US equivalent of DVB-T) as Satellite reception isn't free of charge in the US.

Ok, my fault. I didn't know this.

@Letterman: I can understand that you are angry, I'm also waiting for a response from an admin or something else ... but nothing happens. :mad:

MCMUPPET
28.04.2011, 19:42
So my suggestion: cancel the whole US-TV crap, so no one is enticed by a service you're obviously not able or willing to accomplish.I will forward this proposal.

greetz
MCMUPPET

Letterman
28.04.2011, 23:21
Please do. I'm sick of it.

emty
01.05.2011, 21:23
Objection !!

Only in case that this proposal is taken serious.

I understand the frustration of Letterman because of extremely annoying situation with ABC.
I also miss some of my favorite programs from ABC but there are also several other US stations witch are working fine (more ore less)

I have no other possibility to get US stations and I WILL MISS this other ones !!

Please try to reestablish ABC , but when this don't happen it is no reason to kill the whole US part.

KR

Emty

PeGu
01.05.2011, 22:36
Objection sustained!

:)