PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : UK-movies not on mirrors

rigo
12.05.2010, 08:03
Good morning,

movies of british broadcasts are needing so much time to be on the otr server. And even longer if at all to be on a mirror. Is this an error or do these movies take so long to be on a mirror?

Thanks for your answers

PeGu
12.05.2010, 09:46
Hello rigo,

yes and no. :)
The British units are still in the last days (I hope it is not weeks) of the beta phase, so it might take some time for the files to become available. As soon as the beta phase has been left, we'll have OTR delivery times somewhere between 1hour and 1 day (similar to the German units).

The mirror-thing is a different issue. Mirrors are not OTR projects, so the owners of those mirrors decide for themselves which files to provide. As OTR used to be a German telly only service, the majority of users is still looking for and downloading German broadcasts, and it is those users who pay the mirrors (directly or as ad-clickers). In a couple of weeks this will have changed in favour of more British and American broadcasts (maybe there will even be mirrors on the isle...).
However, if you need / would like to see a particular programme on a mirror, you can ask the mirror providers to provide the file. We have a sub-forum here: http://www.otrforum.com/forumdisplay.php/89-Spiegelw%C3%BCnsche-Kein-Mirror-f%C3%BCr-eine-Aufnahme-vorhanden . (Currently, this is only in German, but we shall provide an English manual, soon. As long as you make sure your request states clearly the programme (Title, Date, channel), and that your request is not a file sharing request, it will be fine (this thread, however, is moderated, so it can take a couple of minutes for your request to be published).

Welcome aboard!

rigo
12.05.2010, 12:33
Thank you for your quick answer. Thats no problem for me reading and writing german, because I am german. I only wrote english because of being the preferred language in this threat.