PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : US channels still down??

morgan
04.02.2010, 13:30
hello,
are there any news concerning the problem with receiving several US channels - especially if and when it will be fixed?

thanks a lot!

OTR.TH
04.02.2010, 14:08
WABC and LiveWell is ok, WPIX and LATV still no signal :(

bubbly08
10.02.2010, 03:22
To be honest, I paid just to see US shows, now that the option was there, I was so happy and gladly pay for shows like Frasier, Desperate Housewives, Americas Funniest Homevideos, etc. BUT, if it only worked for a short time and there is no will to fix the problem pronto, the satisfactory level will be going towards zero and what that means, is known to all of us.

ale999
10.02.2010, 16:18
I'm also concerned about OTRs conduct regarding that the channels are down now for a long time. I dont dare to immagine this could happen also to CBS or FOX my two favourite stations...

devill2
10.02.2010, 18:58
Long down time is really sad, i would like to hear official statement, how long it will last (still i love remaining US channel, alot thanks for that).

Raus
11.02.2010, 08:14
WPIX + LATV are now working!

philh
11.02.2010, 10:33
WPIX + LATV are now working!

that's great :eek:

MCMUPPET
11.02.2010, 10:36
We are sorry. WPIX + LATV are down again :(. We try to fix it as soon as possible.

cihi1970
11.02.2010, 16:19
:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

*crossing fingers*

philh
11.02.2010, 17:40
short game :(

is it a server problem or is the antenna reception of those channels just too bad?

Raus
11.02.2010, 17:53
short game :(

is it a server problem or is the antenna reception of those channels just too bad?

I don't know it but I will ask the Admin.

Here the answer from the Admin:
The antenna reception of those channels are too bad?

philh
11.02.2010, 20:53
thx for the info Raus,

hehe it's like with all terrestrial receptions there's always kind of interferences :(

perhaps there's snow in NYC too and that chances reception behaviour.

seems like wpix is on a VHF channel and VHF is harder to receive then UHF with indoor antennas

olipoli2
12.02.2010, 14:25
My question is, what do u think WHEN is btw, USWPIX ok again???!!!
Cause its the 2nd week , without VampireDiaries etc.
Is this an antenna prob too?? or anything else ??!!!
can u help plz....

philh
12.02.2010, 15:20
@olipoli2: yes Olipoli2 it's a antena problem. signal is too weak :(

perhaps the otrteam could use a separate indoor antenna that is especially designed for vhf band.

I had the same problem here with DVB-T in Germany. I could get all packages from UHF band without any problems, but the package that was in VHF could never be received with my indoor antenna. Those usual indoor antenas are usually very bad in vhf reception due to longer wave-length in vhf band

But the problem could also be the opposite of a weak signal. If the signal is already strong and you overamplify it, it will make reception impossible too.

@otrteam: I don't if you use an indoor or an outdoor antena, but perhaps you could try to build an selfmade antenna like suggested here: http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_Antennen (and also the variations suggested there) wpix is on channel 11 and that should be ~200 Mhz to calculate proper lengh of the antenna.

philh
13.02.2010, 17:03
scheint wieder zu laufen! echt super Leute! :eek: