PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Hilfen Sie mir in Englisch, bitte. Problem with a downloading error.

Murphy43
27.09.2007, 17:34
Ich habs mal in das richtige Forum verschoben.

*moved*

mrgull
27.09.2007, 20:08
Hi PeGu,

Thank you very much for your very prompt and detailed reply to my problem. I can now understand the situation and shall make sure that I make my request for any recording before the programme starts !

I am very grateful for the help you have given me.

Mr Gull

PeGu
27.09.2007, 20:36
It was a pleasure! :)

(Just being curious: GB or AUS?)

alala12
27.09.2007, 22:39
Mal ne dumme Frage wenn er kein deutsch kann was will er dann mit dt Sendungen könntest du ihn das mal fragen Pegu bin nicht so fit in Englisch

NGC-Ollie
27.09.2007, 23:04
alala12 asked:
You're trying to get a german TV-Programm, but you don't speak german :confused: can you explain that?

mrgull
30.09.2007, 13:20
I laughed when I saw that Alala 12 had suggested that I had asked eine dumme Frage. It may have been unusual but I don’t think it was dumm !

The situation is simple. My wife and I are English - our son lives in Germany - we visited him for several weeks in the summer and hope to make many such trips in the future. It would be helpful if we could improve our German so that we could respond better to the hospitality of our son’s friends and neighbours. They try to speak English to us so it is only courteous if we try to respond in German.

Watching videos in a foreign language is a useful tool in the learning process but it is not interesting to watch the same video repeatedly. Following PeGu’s kind advice, I am now able to download programmes which I think will interest and entertain us.

Music on our television is mostly pop or rock which doesn’t appeal. We saw many more varied music programmes on German TV and I shall certainly be downloading some of these for our entertainment. Music is international !

Vielen Dank !

Mr Gull

Mr. S
30.09.2007, 16:24
Maybe we should translate the help-page or create an english speaking subforum.

mrgull
02.10.2007, 00:19
Sorry if I misunderstood Alala 12's comment. I had been half expecting someone to query me as even I thought that my trying to download a German TV programme may have looked bizarre. It only becomes sensible when one realises that it is associated with a learning process.

Thanks for pointing me towards a German lecture channel. I shall certainly have a look at it although my preference is to watch a selection of TV programmes so that I have a variety of changing dialogue from different speakers.

As you are in a similar position to me, I presume that you are aware that many Spanish TV channels are available online. If, by chance, you are not, there is a comprehensive selection available at http://www.multilingualbooks.com/online-tv-spanish.html

Many thanks for your help.

Mr Gull

otrhq.de
03.10.2007, 13:00
Mr Gull, I think this is an excellent idea, learning a language by watching TV. After all, that is how I learned English, better than lessons at school could do. If you are able to understand it, the original is always better. These days I usually watch movies and shows in English and later, when I see the dubbed German version, I usually shake my head at how awful it sounds. :-)
Although you might not get everything the first time you watch it, it certainly is an instructive experience.