Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Thema: timezone not working?

Paul Webster

timezone not working?

I thought that when I tested before I could submit using UK local time but with timezone of 2 - to force it back to German time ... but it looks like the timezone parameter is being ignore - or do I have something else wrong.

For example
    Code:
    http://www.onlinetvrecorder.com/?email=someone@somewhere&pass=something&tvStation=ZDF&country=Unknown&startDate_month=07&startDate_day=27&startDate_year=2006&startTime_hour=21&startTime_minute=11&endTime_hour=22&endTime_minute=3&timezone=2&titleName=Megacitys&aktion=createJob
    seems to be queued for 21:11 German time - even though I have said timezone=2
    If I change to timezone=1 then it still presents the result in the same way in the MyRecordings/Scheduled GUI.

Paul Webster

RE: timezone not working?

I thought I'd come back and try this again now that the clocks have changed.
    Problem still remains.
    I want to be able to submit scheduled recordings using hte local time of the requester - and then the difference from GMT ... but it looks like the URL mechanism for scheduling insists that the time that is presented is the local time in Germany - and ignores the timezone setting.

Can someone please confirm the right way to do things when initiating a recording request from a PC that is not using German (central europe) local time?

Menno
    Why do you want to do this?
    You can´t record in another timezone than the broadcasting is aired in.

You can not program manually time-parts of the broadcast. All manual programmings get checked and corrected by the EPG-system.

You can record complete shows only!

Paul Webster
    The user of the software (mine softwrae) is not necessarily in Germany - but they want to record a programme from German TV.
    The PC ogf the user is (naturally) set to the local time in their country. They have the EPG data on their PC ... but it presents the local time .. so that they can watch programmes using their satellite receiver without having to work out the time in Germany.
    I could, potentially, work out the time offset form the PC and then generate a German time for the recording request .... but then ... what is the 'timezone' parameter for in the URL?
    It is described as GMT offset - so the implication is that I can specify the time as local time (to the user) plus GMT offset and then the OTR service will work out what that means in Germany.