PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : damaged files on USWWOR 04.07.2010

Ageb
06.07.2010, 07:14
Is there a problem with the channel uswwor or is it just me?
I couldn't find any official announcement for the 04.07.2010 nor any user comments about damaged files for that day.
Perhaps someone else has encountered the problems or maybe a moderator or an admin could have a look at the following files:

That_70s_Show__Who_Wants_It_More_10.07.04_17-00_uswwor_30_TVOON_DE.mpg.avi.otrkey 180,1 MB
The_King_of_Queens__Bun_Dummy_10.07.04_18-00_uswwor_30_TVOON_DE.mpg.avi.otrkey 149,26 MB
The_King_of_Queens__Shrink_Wrap_10.07.04_18-30_uswwor_30_TVOON_DE.mpg.avi.otrkey 137,68 MB

There are no preview images for these files and all files seem to be very small. Normally the filesize of those half an hour lasting broadcasts would be approximately 300MB. I haven't downloaded or decoded them, as I don't want to waste decodingpoints for unusable files. (BTW: the following broadcasts of Dr. House seem to be damaged too).

I think there is a general problem with this channel, either receiving situation or maybe the encoding server. There have been some files with skips in it over the past few days. Here's one example for such a file:
The_King_of_Queens__Patrons_Ain_t_10.07.02_19-00_uswwor_30_TVOON_DE.mpg.avi.otrkey
Skips right at the beginning and a bigger dropout at ~29:30 (in the uncut file).

I haven't tested or can tell something about other broadcasts on this channel, as atm I'm only interested in the King of Queens ;).

(Side note: Is there a problem with the distribution to the mirrors? Usually these broadcasts are mirrored quite regularly by at least datenkeller.at and otr-files.de, sometimes otr-download.de also, mostly the same day. But these files are only availiable via otr for about two weeks now (haven't checked, if they are mirrored meanwhile).

Any help or comment appreciated :)

worfroz
06.07.2010, 19:05
Please keep us informed about the proceedings.

OK, here we go: As the admin told, there are recording problems with USWWOR and USWPIX. From time to time, no data is received. The admin will have a closer look tomorrow. If necessary, these two stations will be moved to another recording unit.

Ageb
06.07.2010, 19:25
OK, here we go: As the admin told, there are recording problems with USWWOR and USWPIX. From time to time, no data is received. The admin will have a closer look tomorrow. If necessary, these two stations will be moved to another recording unit.

That's what I call a nice response :)
Thanks for your efforts!

Regards,
Ageb
[keeping fingers crossed and hoping the admin will find a solution ;)]

worfroz
07.07.2010, 15:48
Update: USWWOR was moved to another recording unit today. Please let us know, if the problem still existis.

Ageb
07.07.2010, 18:33
Update: USWWOR was moved to another recording unit today. Please let us know, if the problem still existis.

Thanks for the information and thanks to the admin for changing the recording unit.
I'll kepp you informed.